It’s that time of year again! Cleveland, Ohio is getting ready to host the annual Lake Erie Walleye Fall Brawl starting on Oct. 18. Participants from all over the United States are preparing for the derby in hopes of becoming the next winner.
Lake Erie has been known as the “Walleye Capital of the World”. Why does this event take place during the Fall season? The main reason for this is because the lake water starts to get cooler. As a result, walleye tend to get drawn closer to the Laker Erie shoreline.
- Warrior V208 Powered by an Evinrude 300HP G2 sitting on top of a custom Ez Loader Trailer
- BRAND NEW 2019 HEWESCRAFT 210 Sea Runner * 200 Honda Motor * Custom graphics on boat * Bimini Enclosure * Folding Radar Arch * Ez Loader Trailer/spare/disc brakes, and load guides * Full Cisco Fishing System Package * Smooth Move Seats * Trim tabs * Live well * Sea Star Steering
Weigh Station Location: 5404 E Lake Rd. Sheffield Lake, Ohio 44054
- Fish will be weighed and measured to the nearest 1/8th inch.
- Winning Fish will be by WEIGHT with length used as tiebreaker.
- Deadline for weigh-ins is: Sunday Dec. 1, 2019 @ 8:00 a.m.
- Only (1) Fish allowed per participant to be registered at any one time. All fish must be caught by registered participant.
- A participant weighing in a fish, owns and is fully responsible for that fish.
- Valid Ohio Fishing License Required. (Not an Ohio resident? Wanting to obtain a Valid Fishing License? APPLY HERE)
- Fish must be legally caught in accordance with all Ohio Fishing Laws.
- Registration Forms must be legible, completed, signed & dated by the contestant to be considered valid.
- Event held in Ohio Waters (No Canadian Waters Involved)
- If fishing from boat, only registered participants may be on board.
- Boats must be legally registered, legally equipt with all required equipment and safety devices, and must be legally operated.
- Same Rules apply for kids as adults
- 15 and under to qualify by end of Fall Brawl (Dec. 1, 2019) – must not turn 16 prior to 12/01/2019
- Top 5 paid spots, must not be a regular derby top 5 winner
Award Party Details
Date: Friday 12/06/2019 Time: 6 p.m.- 9 p.m. NOTE: Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Location: St. Vladimir’s Grand Hall 5913 State Rd. Parma, Ohio 44134
It all started back in 2010 by a man named Frank Murphy. One night a small group of guys got together to go do some night bite fishing for walleye. Wanting to add some excitement to the evening, the men decided to throw in a little money to the event. They ended up getting some donations for some raffle prizes. The men ate, drank, and just ended up having a ton of fun. That’s when it took off! Today, the Walleye Fall Brawl is now one of the top fishing competitions in the U.S. with over 6,000+ participants each year!